Eligibility Online Manual
M404 Distributing Medicaid Cards
Purpose: This section will assist in determining when and how Medicaid cards must be distributed.
Current Policy Effective Date: January 1, 2014
Date Last Reviewed: April 1, 2015
Previous Policy: July 1, 2004
POL M404: DISTRIBUTING MEDICAID CARDS
1. Medicaid Clients Receive Medicaid Cards
Medicaid cards are distributed to Medicaid clients once they are eligible. It is an insurance card to provide a method for providers to bill.
2. Fiscal Agent Contractor Distributes Medicaid Cards
3. Fiscal Agent Mails Cards within Set Time Frames
Clients or their authorized representatives may inquire about the status of their card by calling the Fiscal Agent Contractor.
4. Replacement Cards May Be Issued
Clients or their authorized representatives may request a replacement card by calling the Fiscal Agent Contractor. Reference Medicaid Table 23 for contact information.
If a Medicaid card was returned to the Fiscal Agent Contractor, the card may be re-mailed upon request.
Defining Requirement: Social Security Act, Title XIX
Cards Cannot be Forwarded to Another Address
1. Postal service is required to return Medicaid cards to the Fiscal Agent Contractor, instead of forwarding to another address.
2. Fiscal Agent Contractor cannot change address. The Customer Service Center or Long Term Care Unit must change address in WES.
Recording Address Changes
1. Receive call from client with new address after card is returned to Fiscal Agent Contractor.
2. Update address in WES.