Eligibility Online Manual
Purpose: This section will provide information on periodic reviews to determine continued eligibility.
Current Policy Effective Date: August 1, 2016
Date Last Reviewed: August 1, 2016
Previous Policy: January 1, 2014
POL M1403: REVIEWS
1. Eligibility Factors Must Be Periodically Reviewed
2. Clients Must Complete Appropriate Renewal Form
Medicaid Eligibility Renewal/Review Form - Aged, Blind or Disabled Programs for Long Term care Programs, and Medicare Savings Programs.
Medicaid Renewal for the Family and Children's Programs
3. Social Workers Must Complete Appropriate Review Form
4. Clients Must Provide Verification For Reported Changes In Circumstances
5. Periodic Reviews Are Not Required For Certain Groups
The following groups do not require periodic reviews:
Pregnant women program, unless the client is within the 60 days post-partum period
Defining Requirement: 42 CFR 435.916
A Periodic Review Is Only Considered A New Application For Individuals Newly Applying For Benefits In An Exsisting Case.